Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Little Naughty

I knit. No, I'm not 75 years old. I just happen to come from a very crafty family. My mother can sew anything. My father was a master wood craftsman. My sister can bake and decorate an incredible cake - not to mention makes the best homemade icing. YUM! And then there's me. I quilt, knit, paint, and try my hand at making any kind of little doo dad I think looks interesting in a craft magazine. My college roommates called me Martha Stewart, before Martha was cool. They also sent me sympathy cards when she went to jail, but I digress.

What does this have to do with greyhounds? This...

Charlotte has yet to figure out how to tell the difference between my yarn and one of her toys. This is the fourth or fifth skein that she has picked out of the project basket and artfully pulled apart. And she's so sneaky and quiet about it, it's amazing. I can't blame her. It looks like a lot of fun to pull apart and decorate the living room with it. Seka has destroyed her share of yarn too in her - some to the point of no return.

Oh and for those of you who knit and are anxiously awaiting your Ravelry invites, mine arrived today after two months of going to the darn invite checker at least twice a week. My screen name is greytblackdog, so find me on there and say hi. In fact, there's a lot of gals who blog about greyhounds and knitting out there. Check out my sidebar if you don't believe me. Enough knitting talk, that's for my other blog.

2 comments:

pattysea said...

Well, I hope you have something wonderful in mind for your mother-in-law who lives in New England. Or should I say your wonderful mother-in-law, who lives in a cold climate. LOL
Go Sox!!! Go Patriots!!!

thebellagreyhound said...

Oh the hounds eat my wool too! I made the mistake of leaving it in a spot they could reach....apparently it is way for fun than toys!