Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fashionista

My whole life I've loved clothes, shoes, accessories, jewelry - you get the picture. I'm a girly girl who likes to dress the part no matter where she's headed. Case and point: sporting events. Now, Kev simply throws on shorts and a t-shirt that has the logo of the team we are going to see on it. Me, I need to plan an ensemble that is team-supportive, weather appropriate and of course cute. 

So in August when I bought tickets to take Kev to Chicago to see the Patriots play the Bears for his 40th birthday, I knew it would be cold. No worries, I could come up with something cute and warm, like this little number:



As December 12 got closer and closer, and the weather man started laughing at all the idiots fans who would be attending the game last Sunday, I had to rethink my wardrobe. For those of you who do not follow the NFL, Sunday's game was one of the coldest on record: 9˚F,  -4˚F windchill and 55 mph wind gusts. These conditions caused me to dress like a ninja instead of like a cute football chick:




But it was worth it. I braved the cold for more than three hours without wussing out. The Patriots won and I received the title of coolest wife in America (no pun intended). I just wish it had a crown associated with it. Maybe some new Uggs instead?

Roxy likes to be cute too. She's been rockin' her PJ jammie jams despite the static electricity jumping all over the place. Beauty is pain.

5 comments:

houndstooth said...

Oh wow! We live downstate, and I feel for you! No way did we go outside any longer than it took for the girls to get to the turn out pen that day! I bow to your fortitude!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

LOL :-) Very funny!

pattysea said...

What can I say!! You're the PERFECT mate for Kevin. Sure hope you receive the much deserved UGGS!

Greyhounds Aren't Grey said...

Oh you definitely deserve hazard pay for this one. We live in Maine and it hasn't been close to that cold here.

IHateToast said...

I lost the feeling in my toes reading this post. You make a purty ninja.