Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cube Dog Takes Over Your Phone!



Thank you to Cube Dog for sponsoring this review. For more information about Cube Dog please visit the Facebook page or download it on iTunes.

Do you remember those key chain pets that were so popular back in the late 1990s? I was in college when they were all the rage and I got one as a gag for Christmas that year. Little did that gift giver know that I would play with that thing until the battery died. And no, my "pet" did not die. I kept it fed and watered, thank you very much. 

Today, I would feel foolish with a little electronic egg hanging on my keys, but I still like having something to play with/distract me when I'm waiting at the doctor's office or for the car to be serviced or for my plane to board. It never fails that when I start a game on iPhone, I get called back and of course I was having the best game ever only to be interrupted. Now I have my Cube Dog.

A sponsored review, I know, not like me. But when I had the opportunity to try out the new iPhone/iPod 4 app called Cube Dog, I knew there were several of you dog lovers out there who would love to take a cute cube pup along with you. It's not like the electronic pets of 1997. Cube Dog allows you to create a pup, play with it and - this is the coolest part - take pictures of your Cube Dog right where you are! 

Here's how it works. You create a 3-D dog using a set of cubes and options for you to choose from. It's super easy and you can even change the color of your little friend. There's a store where you can buy other Cube Dog parts to add to your pallet, but I felt like I had plenty to choose from. Once you have your pup looking like you want, you can play with him or her. 

Your Cube Dog can do lots of tricks. My favorite is that it can call you from it's own iPhone. Seriously, your screen looks like you're getting an incoming call and I was highly confused when it first happened. Of course you can rub it's belly and play fetch with it. The responses are really cute and made me smile - which is exactly what I need when I'm waiting in an airport for hours on end. 

My favorite part of the Cube Dog app is the ability for you to take pictures of your pup right where you are and send them to Twitter, Facebook or e-mail to friends. Pinky, my Cube Dog, spent some QT napping with Seka and seems to have the hots for Emma. 

This app would be a lot of fun for kids of any age. If you can block access to the store, I would before handing your iPhone or iPod 4 (with camera) over to your child. It's too easy to access the packages to buy and you may end up spending money that you didn't anticipate because your son or daughter wants his or her Cube Dog to hide in a coffee cup or have round ears. 

Oh, did I mention that you do not have to feed, water or play with your Cube Dog to keep it happy and healthy? So there's no threat of doggie loss. It is simply a fun distraction that you can take with you on the go. I can't wait to see the pics of where your Cube Dog shows up.  

Check out Cube Dog on Facebook to enter into a cool contest during the week of June 6 - 13. Check out this YouTube video for more details about the app, which is free right now in the iTunes App Store.



While Cube Dog provided me with the app to review, the opinions I've expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. Cube Dog, Clever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.

1 comment:

houndstooth said...

Oh darn it! Another thing I'm going to have to have on my iPod!