Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Green Eyed Monster

Right now I am seeing green. Everywhere I visit online I see greyhounds living it up in the snow. Whether I'm catching up on my usual greyhound blogs or wasting time on Facebook, all I seem to see are adorable pictures of greys frolicking in white powder, having the time of their lives.  I'm certain these photos are taunting me - sticking out a virtual tongue and saying "nanny nanny boo boo."

It's not be cause we didn't get any snow here in South Georgia. Oh, we got some. And plenty of ice to boot. But my snobby girls wouldn't even get off of the deck to go potty, much less run and play. I had to drag them out of the "safety zone" aka the covered deck, and make them go into the yard. So while everyone else was enjoying capturing their dogs loving the cold life, all I got to see was two cold wuss-hounds, wrapped up in blankets, sleeping on the sofa.

I guess they were just following the example that I set. I'm not getting out in that crazy-cold either.

4 comments:

KF-in-Georgia said...

Sam and I have been in my bed for three days, now. Jacey alternates between my bed and the sofa downstairs.

I have no fence, so I have to leash-walk my two. The first day, I learned that I had to take them out one at a time. When Sam slips, he tries to run ahead to the next safe patch; when Jacey slips, she backs up. And when I'm on ice and the dogs head in opposite directions, I'm in trouble.

I have to try to get to work on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to that.

pattysea said...

It's 7:30 PM, 1/12/11 here in Salisbury, MA; 30 miles north of Boston. We have 19 inches of snow and it's still falling. The wind is howling and two more inches expected before it ends later tonight. The snow is like cement. Nice thing about retirement and condo living. No rush to go anyplace and NO SHOVELING!!! It's really beautiful but Seka and Roxy don't seem to care about the cold outside. STAY SAFE EVERYONE!! Did you know that today every state has some snow on the ground except Florida.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Mine liked it for one day, but once the ice covered it and made everything crunchy... they were done too!

houndstooth said...

Heh. The flip side is that one of your dogs (looks at the blue brindle) will go out to the dog park for a romp in the snow and break her toe. The couch doesn't look so bad from here!