In my house, we have cliques too - Skinny Bitches and Shorties. It's no shock that my girls are total dog snobs. Unless you're a greyhound, they lack all interest in you and your canine ways. I thought that after the little ones had been here for a couple of months, they may begin to accept them into their pack, but the silent treatment continues. In fact, they have made a list of why they, the greyhounds, are far superior. I'm assuming they mean superior to other dogs, although Seka may have implied that I'm included in this list too.
Seka & Roxy's List of Why We're Better
- We only bark when there's something to bark for like going potty or reminding our mommy that it is time to eat. All other barking is a waste of energy.
- Digging is for short dogs who like to get dirty. We only dig when we want to get our mommy's attention.
- We smell like roses. Little dogs just smell.
- Trash is best left in the trash can, not dragged about our living quarters and chewed on.
- Daytime is best spent getting beauty rest, not running about, patrolling the grounds. That's what humans are for.
- Beards are for Santa, not dogs. Especially dogs who drink a lot of water and get dirt in the communal water bowl.
- Chasing cats, squirrels and bunnies is an art form and should only be done if you have a chance to actually catch it.
- We do not drag the outdoors inside the house. Leaves, sticks, dirt clods, and mud belong outside.
- Just because there are people walking by our house does not mean they are coming to see us. You should only alert humans when visitors are at our door.
- Tug of war is for brutes. If you stare at a human long enough, they will just give it to you.
I guess this is their version of a slam book, although they haven't started naming names yet, but I'm sure that will happen eventually.